Friday, March 4, 2011

Nothing's Stopping Me

I've been walking 2 sections and jogging 1 + 60 steps this week.  I did that Monday through Thursday.  My schedule was such that I couldn't do it today.  My Salt & Light group met at Freedom Lake Park today, though, instead of at our leader's house, so we walked 3 times around the lake, which totaled just over 2 miles.  Something's better than nothing.  : ) 

Jogging would not have been a good idea today anyway, since this morning I twisted my knee rushing to get the garbage can to the street because I thought I heard the garbage truck.  Turned out not to be.  : (  I think I planted my foot and then twisted my leg without my foot going too or something like that.  Whatever happened, I limped to the street pulling the can behind me and then limped back into the house.  I've been wearing an Ace bandage all day.  It's not so much pain as it is discomfort, but I don't want to chance doing anything worse to it.  I felt the discomfort all three times around the lake, but it didn't keep me from walking.   

I had hip pain about two weeks ago only on the left side but it was very painful to walk.  I researched and think it was the tensor fascia lata muscle.  I did some stretching exercises and applied heat as often as I could and it's about 95% gone. 

I started exercising seriously almost 2 years ago but it wasn't until the past two weeks that I've had any kind of injury at all.  What's happened in the last two weeks?  I made a committment and set a goal.  The devil doesn't like it when we get serious about God and His glory.  He doesn't mind lukewarm Christians at all because they're no threat to him, but when someone gets serious about doing what God's told them to do and giving God credit for it, satan gets mad and does everything he can to stop that.  I didn't realize until today that that's what is going on here.  The more I thought about it, I actually laughed as I realized that I kept jogging or at least walking through both injuries!  Take that, jerk!  You can't stop me!

Hebrews 12:12-13 (NLT) - So take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs.  Mark out a straight path for your feet.  Then those who follow you, though they are weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment