Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oreos have no power over me

I filled in as a leader in the Student Leadership Council at the homeschool meeting tonight.  They always have snacks for the teens and tonight there were Cokes and Oreos.  After our part of the meeting was done I moved and sat (not on purpose) right in front of the Oreos.  I asked myself if I wanted one, but I was still full from supper, so I didn't.  I sat right in front of an open package of Oreos and felt no pull from them.  I even stared at them!  Not one Oreo jumped into my mouth and I didn't hear them call to me once!  They just sat there like the inanimate objects they are.  Wow!  I didn't have any Coke either.  I thought about that because I have a lot of work to do tonight and in the early morning, and I used to think caffeine would help me stay awake.  It really doesn't.  I still get just as tired and my thinking isn't any clearer.  It's just that when I do try to fall asleep, I can't, no matter how much I want to.  I remembered all that and decided that caffeine would not be a good choice. 

God is SO alive!  And Oreos and caffeine are not.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment