Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I RAN 3.1 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!

I RAN 3.1 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!!!!! 

When my friend and I met up last Friday to run the race course, I suggested we see if we could run the whole distance.  If we couldn't that would be fine; we still have more than a month before the race to work up to it.  She agreed to try, so we did.  I had already found the 1- and 2-mile marks in my car.  When we hit the 1-mile mark, we were happy.  :-)  When we hit the 2-mile mark we were almost delirious!  :-D  When we finished, we were ecstatic!  :-DD

On Saturday I had time to do only 2 miles, but I did them nonstop and with a 3-pound weight in each hand, which I didn't have on Friday.  On Sunday I did 2 miles at a park with a friend.  It was 2:30 in the afternoon and much hotter than at 6:00 in the morning when I usually go.  Monday I did 3.1 miles with weights near my house then went to fitness class with http://www.fitnessinfusiononline.com/ and did a 45-minute workout.  Today I did 3.5 miles with weights near my house.  I forgot the last few days that I was going for 3.5 miles to overtrain just a little bit so the actual race would be easier. 

Tomorrow we should be back downtown on the course and I'll time us.  I posted some times on Facebook yesterday but now realize they were inaccurate.  I'll post correct times tomorrow. 

I'm gathering scriptures to decide which ones I want to write on the Tshirt I'll be wearing for the race.  This is getting exciting!  October 8 will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment