Sunday, July 8, 2012

Music Helps Me Run Faster!

Last night Brianne got all the songs I wanted put onto my MP3 player that she got me for Christmas.  Thank you, my dear!  Mwha! 


My pattern had gotten to the point of running 23 minutes, walking 2, then running the rest of the way for a total of 42-43 minutes.  This morning I ran the entire time, hit 1 mile at 12:42 (at least a minute, maybe more, faster than I’d been doing) and got to 2 miles at 26:18 (a little slow.  I would’ve liked to be less than 25:30.).  I must’ve picked up speed on the last mile because I finished the whole 3.1 miles in 41:25, about 2 minutes faster than I’d been doing lately!  Thank You, God! 

I even extended my cool-down walk because my absolute favorite song came on and I couldn’t stop in the middle of that! 
My mile times were 12:42 for the first mile, 13:36 for the second mile, and 15:07 for the last 1.1 miles.  

I want to do some song tweaking because I didn’t even get to hear some of the songs.  The Veggie Tales song “Keep Walking” that I personalized is on there but it’s hard to sing my version in my head when their version is going into my ears. 
Regardless, I’m grateful to God, my daughter, NeedtoBreathe, Mandisa, TobyMac, Tenth Avenue North, Newsboys, DC Talk, Me in Motion, The Afters, etc. for fueling my solo runs.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment