Saturday, August 18, 2012

Come Run With Me!

I ran at Philippe Park this morning. 


It’s a very popular park with runners and walkers, I found out.  I had no way to measure distance, so I just ran for 40 minutes, which is about how long it takes me to do 3.1 miles.  I warmed up for a short time and then decided to tackle the hill first so I would be fresh when I did it. 
Once I got to the top of the hill and did a little victory dance (not really), I ran down the stone steps. 

Then along the seawall (baywall?)



for quite a distance.  When I got to the end I doubled back and ran uphill (a different one and not as steep) again.  I then headed down a road that ends in a loop but turned around before I got all the way because it was boring.  Who needs flat same old-same old when there are hills to run?!  I’m not sure of my route after that.  I just knew I needed to keep running for 40 minutes.  I think I did the hill again then down the steps again, then something else, then up the steps

Then down the hill. 
After 40 minutes I felt better than I usually do after a run because I did something different this time.  I don’t need change all the time (in fact, I fight change that's just for the sake of change), but I do like it occasionally if it’s for a good reason.  It’s about a 15-mile drive from my house to this park so I won’t be doing this very often, but it’s nice to know there’s a pretty place to get some hills into my workout.  And this park has so many draws – woods, water, hills, flat areas.  Love it!   

I took some videos of going up the hill and up and down the steps, but they were taking a very long time to upload so I decided to leave them out.  Here are some other pictures of the park: 
Looking downhill with people for perspective.



Distant view of beautiful tree




Left side of same tree



Right side of same tree


Thank You, God, for the beauty of Your creation and how You meet our wants as well as our needs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment