Sunday, February 2, 2014

200-mile Ragnar Relay Race is almost here!

Friday, January 31, 2014

One week from now I will have completed my first and longest Ragnar leg!  It's almost here! 
I had planned to taper off and not run next week after Sunday but still do my usual Tuesday, Thursday, and either Saturday or Sunday runs this week.  However, rain and cold temperatures have changed those plans and I ran only Tuesday.  I hope I can get in a long run tomorrow and possibly a short one Sunday.  I'm glad I have a good base of 8-mile runs built up. 
 

Sunday, February 02, 2014
I ran a little more than 6 miles on the beach with a friend yesterday and then did a yoga class, also on the beach.  Last evening I ran one mile to test out the GPS watch a fellow Ragnar team member is letting me borrow.  Today I ran 40 minutes with a friend and this will be my last run before Ragnar.  My body needs to rest!  Running 3 times in about 24 hours will be very close to what Ragnar will be like.  It's been very hard for me to get two runs a day in, and I like to be prepared, so this is good experience.  I just wish I'd been able to do it a couple months ago and more times.  Oh well.  God is the god of the impossible, and letting people see what He can do through me is the reason I started running in the first place.  Let's go then!

No comments:

Post a Comment