Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Stop Feeling Sorry For Myself

I walked a full 3.4 miles yesterday morning instead of just 1.2 like I’ve been doing.  I make a loop and go past my house at 1.2 miles and it’s so easy to just call it quits right there and say that 1.2 is better than nothing.  This morning it felt good to push beyond that and not even stop at 2.5 the next time I passed my house.  I did the full route. 

On the one hand I’m thankful I can still walk even if I can’t run.  On the other hand, I can’t believe how far back I’ve been pushed – to the point of having to talk myself into just walking the full distance.  I don’t understand the reason for this. 




My friend Dee, who is on her own weight loss journey http://networkedblogs.com/uVBVR left a comment on my previous post.  I was really feeling sorry for myself.  Then I took a break from working and saw her comment.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself, Michele!

Today I plan on walking on the Pinellas Trail and pushing my niece in the stroller while Brianne's in class.  Maybe tomorrow I'll try running again and see if I can go more than 4 steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment