Thursday, June 7, 2012

Running In The Rain

5:00 a.m. – Wake up and eat a few bites of homemade mac & cheese (carbs) and get a good, long drink of water in preparation for running. 

6:00 a.m. -  Get out of bed, get dressed, and get another good, long drink of water in preparation for running. 
It was actually cool as I ran this morning.  Ahhhhhhh!!!  I love fall!  Especially in June!  I noticed dark clouds and thought it would probably rain later.  I decided to do my 7:2 pattern, run 7 minutes and walk 2.  Sometime during that first 2-minute walk it started to rain so I took my heart rate monitor watch (thanks, Doug and Tori) off and wrapped it and my phone in the washcloth I was carrying to wipe my face.  The rain stopped after less than a minute, though, so I took them back out.  I kept up my 7:2 pattern until I was almost at my house, 1.2 miles, when it started to pour!  I ran into the house and left all the electronics there.  Since I wasn’t taking my phone, I made sure my daughter knew my route and told her if I wasn’t back in an hour to send a search party! 

There’s a puddle right in front of my house. 

It’s the one my daughter plays in.  I skipped it when I went into the house but backtracked a little coming out and ran through it!  Did you know it’s much more fun to run through a puddle than just to walk through one?  Although walking through one is fun too.  I started my 7:2 pattern but very soon into it my knee started hurting.  I walked for a few steps and then said to myself, “This is ridiculous!  I can run!”  I ran a few steps and said to myself, “Stop it!  DON’T HURT YOUR KNEE PERMANENTLY!”  Sigh.  So I walked through puddles.  After about 4 minutes I tried running again and was able to do it for a while.  Run, walk, run, walk, walk, walk, walk.  At least I can walk.  And run some. 
Oh, and I passed this rose bush as I was walking.  Raindrops on roses are not one of my favorite things, but I couldn’t help singing the song! 



No comments:

Post a Comment