Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Do You Want This or 100 Pounds?

I went to a local mall for a stretching-for-runners clinic last week.  The clinic lasted only 30 minutes and my daughter and I were at the mall for a total of about one hour so we weren’t planning to eat there.  I especially wasn’t planning to eat at the food court.  Yuck!  Yet, as I walked past those restaurants I thought about how good (some) of the food would taste.  At the same time the thought occurred to me, “Do you want this or 100 pounds?” [to reach 100 pounds lost]

Do you want this


or 100 pounds?


Do you want this


or 100 pounds?


Do you want this


or 100 pounds?  (Actually, I would've chosen Auntie Anne's pretzels, but that's beside the point.)


Do you want this


or 100 pounds? 


Haagen-Dazs even had labels on the entrance doors

 
Yes, I snapped a pic but I didn't use it to get $1 off.  I used it right here in this blog.  :-)
 
 
We left the mall without buying any food at all.  It IS possible!  When we got home I was faced with
 
Do you want this
 

or 100 pounds?


I didn't have ANY of this food!  And I'm that much closer to 100 pounds lost!  In fact, as of this morning I've lost 97.2 pounds!  Praise God! 
 


1 comment:

  1. That is AMAZING! You are doing so wonderful! Temptation honestly is everywhere but like you said, it's about choices and priorities.

    ReplyDelete